Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Rediscovering (one more) Passion

From a pleasant coincidence today, searching for a specific surrealist painting, something wonderful happened: 
I remembered how as a child I became obsessed with Picasso's cubist paintings,

 
Pablo Picasso, Dora Maar Seated 

how as a teenager I fell in love with impressionism  

Claude Monet, Woman with a Parasol

and the impact that van Gogh's self-portraits had on me. 

Vincent van Gogh, Self-Portrait 

I remembered how as an adult my passion for art was reignited when I moved to Barcelona and my excitement of walking around Miro's sculptures and Gaudí's buildings. 

   
Joan Miró, Dona i Ocell     
(source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/oh-barcelona/5101454183/) 

                                              
          Antoni Gaudí, Casa Batlló

I remembered the joy I got from working on my presentation on the Fluxus movement and the enlightenment I felt I was earning by each new exploration. 
Fluxus Manifesto

And while I was remembering all that, I felt my spirit more light and alive, my mind wandering happily through shapes, colors and senses, I felt peace and joy. 

I have always loved art and I have always felt passionate about it. Why did I let this passion fade? 
So, here is one more non - resolution for me to add to my list: to do something daily that nourishes my spirit, my soul and my senses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment