Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I Would


 These past years I have had the privilege to travel a lot and meet extraordinary colleagues from all over the world. Unique individuals who surprise me with their gifts and talents, not only their professional skills and knowledge.

Today’s post – and moment - comes from one of them: Pad, a coach, speaker and poet. 

                             I Would

         What would I do for you?

         I would cover you like the morning dew
         I would rise over you like an autumn sun
         Surround you as a mighty wall
         Fill your wells like a never-failing stream

         Like an eagle I would come swiftly
         To carry you over the wildest rivers
         And ride on to the mountain fortress.
         There I’d hide you from the storm
         Shelter you from every harm.

          I would gather the best I could find
          And bring them to your door
          Dress you in the finest silk
          Adorn you with the purest gold
          Crown you with a rainbow of the clearest jewels

          I would take your hand at evening
          And we would walk the battlements
          The torches ablaze
          The flags unfurled
          A fleet of ships bringing you treasures from the oceans

          I would lead you to a mighty feast
          A crowded hall of jubilant song
          Surrounded here by friends
          That we could trust with our lives
          Your heart would rejoice
          Your cup would overflow
          Guarded by a wall of honour
          Garrisoned by faithfulness

          Until
          The light has faded from the sky
          And we’re alone again
          Just sharing
          Something
          Too deep for words
          Quieter than the whisper of your eyes
          The pulsing of your expectant heart

          I tremble at your touch
          Silenced by your gaze
          In the embrace of your love

          I’m 

          Left

         Speechless.

                              Pad Pax, The Yearning 


Edvard Munch, Kyss IV



No comments:

Post a Comment