Saturday, January 4, 2014

On Productivity


Checking today’s stories on Zite, I found quite a few articles on productivity (again). Tips and rules to be more productive, practices and strategies of the most productive people, tons of articles, blog posts, videos, even infographics, all there available for us thanks to the web and the wisdom of others so that we can find the ultimate model to get things done.

Yesterday I was reading through one of these articles where the writer was sharing his daily routine which helps him be so productive. A short article, the kind of articles that a lazy reader like me enjoys, with many information even about the eating habits of a stranger.
It worked! Even if the goal of the writer – guru of productivity was to give me a kind of structure that he has, I got the enlightenment of the actual strategy – and only structure needed for me to be productive:
All my great moments of creativity and productivity, all the periods where I get things done are achieved by this model: I just seat down and do the work!
I put myself in the office, on the road, over the phone, at the keyboard, wherever needed and start doing what needs to be done. 

You want to be more productive? Decide what your goal is, make the list of what needs to be done and start doing. And if you find yourself struggling with a "frog", just follow Brian Tracy's advice and eat that frog

No comments:

Post a Comment