Thursday, April 24, 2014

Venting without Aggression


      “Everyone gets frustrated and aggressive, and I’d sooner take my aggression 
       out on a guitar than on a person.”
       Paul Weller

I am practicing a profession where it is not uncommon to deal with people’ s frustrations. And although we all try to be as assertive as possible, sometimes frustration leads us to aggressive words without us even noticing.

      “The basic difference between being assertive and being aggressive is how  
       our words and behaviors affect the rights and well being of others.”
       Sharon Anthony Bower

I am lucky not to have to face such behavior often. Yet, words may be spoken and then it’s my turn not to vent my frustration into a new circle of aggression and reaction. But just breathe and let go. And grab a guitar or even better enjoy the guitar of others J

Note to all: Shit happens. We may not be able to control all that happens, but we can certainly control what we do and say when it happens. No need to take it out on others like they were a punching bag.



No comments:

Post a Comment