Sunday, March 16, 2014

Tiny Houses, Great Freedom


I am becoming increasingly fascinated by the tiny house movement. I began learning about it as articles about tiny houses kept appearing in my top stories on Zite. I was intrigued and soon it became one of my favorite topics, which I would immediately read.

At first it was the design and architectural solutions that most impressed me. In such limited spaces there is only room for smart ideas and constructions.
Then, it was the eco-friendly aspect. They are sustainably built and, of course, affordable. Their construction and maintenance costs, as well as very short building time, create housing opportunities for homelessness and disaster zones.

What impresses me more now is the radical change in lifestyle. Such a change of house changes how we perceive the definition of home. It leads us to simplify routines, reevaluate the importance of material possessions, the clutter we create with them and what we consider essential to have in our own space.

The tiny house movement, as I see it, goes beyond being an architectural and social movement. It is about a new philosophy of living, of being. 


Photo Credit Collin & Joanna, http://www.ourweehouse.com 

               
        NOMAD micro home

No comments:

Post a Comment