Saturday, March 22, 2014

Odysseys and What Really Matters


We are all travelers. We come here, to this world and we make decisions on any journeys we want to take. The road is rarely smooth, but that doesn’t really matter. What matters is the destination. 
Or maybe not?

Throughout my life, I have thrown myself into several journeys that were like small Odysseys. These Odysseys challenged me to doubt everything I knew, gave me the opportunity to test myself and to learn and grow.

None of them have been without a Scylla and Charybdis, Sirens or Cyclops. Like any journey worth making, they've had their ups and downs, some really scary roller coaster moments. But each one of them gave me the privilege and blessing of the people I would get to know on the way: people who have become my inspiration, my role models, and my best friends. People who have seen me at my best and at my worst and who still keep faith in me. People with whom working is a unique experience of learning. People who have become my silent accomplices and support system in the challenges I take. People who amaze me with their wisdom, kindness and generosity.

None of my journeys, no matter how far they would get me, would have any worth without the people.

Go make your decisions, set your destinations; or not. Find your path or create it. Enjoy your trips, your Odysseys. But most importantly enjoy and treasure the most valuable resource that you will meet in these Odysseys: the people.


Dedicated to a friend who made my heart sing with her generosity today. 



No comments:

Post a Comment