Tuesday, February 8, 2011

In search of the perfect gift


This week is a friend’s birthday. I spent all day searching for the perfect gift. But what do you get to someone who has everything? Hmm…

Picking gifts is one of my favorite rituals. It doesn’t really require knowing the other very well. What it does require is understanding the other very well. Sense what will be the thing that will bring the big smile on their face. After all, isn’t this what gifts are all about? Bringing happiness, bringing joy, bringing big smiles?

What to buy to someone who has everything, or so it seems?

My dear T,
I wish you Courage. I wish Courage to go after life’s greatest adventure: Love.
I wish you Daring. I wish the Daring to believe in your dreams and their “compatibility”, and dare to live them.
I wish you Boldness. I wish you the Boldness to let your vulnerable part shine.
I wish you Bravery. I wish you the Bravery to have a fearless life. 
Love, K

1 comment:

  1. T likes it. :-)

    Thank you!!! For the wishes and for the perfect gift.

    ReplyDelete