Monday, July 28, 2014

Help Others


Guest blog post by John Economou


“Help others”. This was one of the two pieces of advice that Lattie  F. Coor gave to me and to the rest of the graduates on Dec 13th, 2001 during the Commencement Ceremony at A.S.U. It sounded like the kind of wake up call I needed.

Just like most of you I assume, I've received help from others quite often. While growing up,  whether it was at camp, through playing sports, while in college or at work. Pretty much all the time, now that I think about it. I admit it, it feels good to know 'people have your back'. 

So, there comes a time when you realize that it is your turn to “help others”. Not because you “have to”, but because you want to. Because you know that even doing a small favor for someone else, just might mean the world to him/her. Just like it meant a lot to you when others helped you.

Ιf you acknowledge that people helped you so far in your life, maybe now it is your time to “give back” and start helping others.

No comments:

Post a Comment